Take the Sustainability Challenge
Are you or do you know an innovator with a sustainable technology, engineering or design solution that meets the needs of responsible cosmetics? IFSCC Congress 2023 has an exciting challenge for you!
We are looking for tomorrow’s sustainable solutions, so on Thursday 7 September 2023, during the final day of the 33rd IFSCC Congress in Barcelona, the Sociedad Española de Químicos Cosméticos (SEQC) supported by L’Oréal Research & Innovation are hosting a Sustainability Challenge
To enter, companies should submit a PPT presentation (max 7 slides). Eight finalists will be selected to receive a day-pass for 7 September to the Barcelona Congress Exhibition hall. Here they will present their entry and have a great chance to meet cosmetic research stakeholders and reinforce their industrial network. It is an amazing opportunity to promote work, suggest options and potentially find future partners for investment.
The winner will receive 1-year access to SEQC, which will also give them access to the IFSCC, a full registration to the IFSCC 2024 Congress in Brazil and a winner announcement on IFSCC Barcelona Congress and IFSCC social media.
The deadline for entries to the Sustainability Challenge is 30 June.
The challenge spans everything from ‘Research to Retail’ with a sustainable benefit. Whilst we anticipate many entries will be pre-launch, we would also welcome new launches where the entrants have introduced a new technology, design or manufacturing process that can be demonstrated to best meet the future needs of the cosmetics industry.
Your entry should demonstrate innovation in cosmetic products and/or technology or a novel facet of design or production engineering.
Types of entries that will be considered when providing significant sustainable improvement with:
- A new ingredient sourcing (raw material, cultivation…)
- A new transformation process (green chemistry, biotech, engineering process…)
- A new formulation design (active ingredient concentration optimization…)
- A new packaging and delivery approach (lower water footprint, environmental impact, new technology…)
- A new way of usage (concentrated product, solid, using artificial intelligence, device, smart tech…)
- A new evaluation method (diagnostic tool for personalization…)
Click HERE for more information and application details.