Improving Your English – NEW!
Many non-native (and native) english speakers would like to feel more comfortable communicating in english. Below is a list a free (or nearly free) remote resources to help anyone improve their written and spoken english communication. Note: these resources have not been evaluated by the IFSCC.
Free online courses offered by Coursera.com
Offered by Georgia Tech (USA):
Write Professional Emails in English
- 4 week course estimated to take 11 hours.
Speak English Professionally: In Person, Online, and On the Phone
- 4 week course estimated to take 13 hours.
Offered by The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology:
- 4 week course estimated to take 16 hours.
English for Effective Business Writing
- 4 week course estimated to take 20 hours
English for Effective Business Speaking
- 4 week course estimated to take 17 hours
Business English for Cross-cultural Communication
- 4 week course estimated to take 18 hours
Professional Conversation in English
TableWisdom.org is a USA (St. Louis, Missouri) volunteer-based organization providing online english conversation with a retired professional. $10 for 4 conversations a month.