IFSCC Fellow – Honorary Designation – NEW!
During the 2019 IFSCC Fall Praesidium Meeting, the Praesidium unanimously agreed to begin bestowing the title of “IFSCC Fellow” to “recognize Members of the IFSCC who have achieved full maturity in the profession as evidenced by a record of outstanding achievement in the field of cosmetic science, and leadership and service to the IFSCC.” This is an honorary designation with no duties or responsibilities required.
Fellows will be introduced at the annual IFSCC Congress or Conference and presented with a custom calligraphied certificate.
The first class of IFSCC Fellows were announced at the 2019 IFSCC Milan Council Meeting.
- Dr. Luigi Rigano, Società Italiana di Chimica e Scienze Cosmetologiche
- Dr. Fuji Kanda, The Society of Cosmetic Chemists of Japan
- Dr. Robert Lochhead, Society of Cosmetic Chemists (USA-Canada)
Nominees for IFSCC Fellow may be proposed by either IFSCC Member Societies or by individuals. Candidates must have the following qualifications:
- Active membership in an IFSCC Member Society for at least 10 consecutive years.
- Minimum of a baccalaureate degree (or similar) from an accredited college or university.
- A minimum of 10 years work experience past the baccalaureate degree, in scientific or technical positions related directly to cosmetic science.
- Significant service to the IFSCC.
- At least one of the following:
a) ten or more scientific publications and/or granted patents pertinent or directly related to cosmetic science, consisting of original articles or review articles in peer-reviewed journals and/or textbooks
b) at least five pertinent publications in peer-reviewed journals or at least five patents
To nominate someone for IFSCC Fellow, click here for the application. Any questions? Contact IFSCC Secretary General, Mary Lynn Halland firstname.lastname@example.org.